SAXOPHONE IN THE CONTEMPORARY REPERTOIRE CALL FOR YOUNG PERFORMERS EDITION 2020 TEACHER: MARIO MARZI Milan, Fabbrica del Vapore October 2019 – March...
VOCAL CHAMBER REPERTOIRE OF THE SECOND HALF OF THE 1900S AND CONTEMPORARY
Annual vocal course
Milan, Fabbrica del Vapore
October 2019 – May 2020
Teacher: Alda Caiello
Application Deadline: September 15th 2019
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
The course will foresee 8 meetings (2 days each meeting on Saturdays and Sundays) from October 2019 to May 2020.
When applying, students can also show a repertoire of the XXth Century different from the one suggested by the announcement, which will have to be approved by the teacher.
Each participant will be entitled to 8 individual lessons (one hour each) on the pieces chosen by the student among those suggested by the Course or proposed by the student.
A pianist will attend the lessons, for the whole studied repertoire.
– final concert, May 27th 2020; All the singers who have attended at least six meetings out of 8 foreseen will perform in this concert.
– concert on May 6 th 2020 in connection with the Call for Young Performers for Piano (held by Maria Grazia Bellocchio) and sax (held by Mario Marzi) organized by IDEA with a repertoire written specifically by young composers.
– concerto in Autumn 2020 dedicated to the music for voice and piano by John Cage in cooperation with the Call for Young Performes Piano.
Divertimento Ensemble will commit to engage the best students for the following concerts:
– opening concert of the International Workshop for Young Composers in Bobbio (Pc), July 2020 (repertoire for solo voice or voice and piano);
– opening concert of Rondò in Monferrato, Grazzano Badoglio, September 2020 (repertoire for voice and piano);
– concert in Casale Monferrato (At), within Rondò in Monferrato, September 2020
– two concerts in the season Rondò 2021 in Milan (January-June).
COOPERATION WITH OTHER CONCERT SEASONS
In the concert season 2020-2021 will also foresee the following cooperations:
– concert in cooperation with GAMO Florence
– concert in cooperation with NED Ensemble Desenzano del Garda
– concert in cooperation with Amici della Musica di Modena
– cooperation with the Associazione Cluster di Lucca and the Puccini Chamber Opera Festival – project of contemporary chamber opera
APPLICATION AND SELECTION
Singers of any nationality, with no age limit, may participate in the selection. Applications to participate in the selection must be submitted no later than 15th September 2019, filling in the form available online at
the following link:
In the enrollment form you’ll be asked to attach:
– a curriculum vitae (pdf),
– his/her own repertoire of music of the 1900s to nowadays,
– the list of compositions object of the study,
– link to an audio or video registration (if any) of the candidate’s performance of works in line with the repertoire of the course.
Filled in the application form you’ll be addressed to the PayPal page to pay the enrollment fee of € 30 (this fee will only be reimbursed in case the course is cancelled).
Alternatevely, should Pay Pal payment be not possible, you may proceed to bank transfer as follows: IBAN IT26L0306909606100000101448 in the name of Divertimento Ensemble, showing as payment reason ‘First Name, Surname CFYP CANTO 2020’.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the documentation submitted.
The result of the selection will be communicated to all applicants by email no later than 20th September 2019.
A maximum number of 12 students will be selected for admission.
STUDENTS: € 800 to be paid in two payments of € 400 each.
The first one within September 30th, 2019, the second one within February 28th, 2020
Observers: € 150 to be paid within September 30th, 2019
mob. +39 338 2225014
REPERTOIRE SUGGESTED BY THE COURSE
(updated as of 14 August 2019)
George Aperghis, Récitations
John Cage, Aria
Luciano Berio, Sequenza III
Giorgio Colombo Taccani, Nox, tellus
Giorgio Colombo Taccani, Kypris
Giorgio Colombo Taccani, Amans, Supplex
Niccolò Castiglioni, Così parlo Baldassarre
Niccolò Castiglioni, Così parlò l’Abarbanel
Federico Gardella, Jeder Mensch trägt ein Zimmer in sich
György Kurtag, József Attila-töredékek
Gabriele Manca, Capricci
Raffaele Sargenti, Liquid preludes
Alessandro Solbiati, To whom?
Voice and piano, violin and percussions
Maurizio Azzan, Aria(e). Tre studi sull’aura, for voice and percussions
Luciano Berio, Quattro canzoni popolari, for voice and piano
Daniele Bravi, Lettere dal Manicomio – Il lamento del Tasso, for voice and piano
Pasquale Corrado, Lahmer, for voice and percussions
George Crumb, Apparition, for soprano and piano
George Crumb, Three Early Songs, for voice and piano
Luigi Dallapiccola, Quattro liriche di Antonio Machado, for voice and piano
Luigi Dallapiccola, Rencesvals, for voice and piano
Marco Di Bari, Lullaby, for soprano and piano
Ivan Fedele, Liriche minime su testi di Gemma Bracco, for female voice and piano
Federico Gardella, An die Nacht, for voice and percussions
Stefano Gervasoni, Tre canzoni popolari, for voice and piano
György Kurtag, Kafka Fragmente, for voice and violin
György Kurtag, Három dal Pilinszky János verseire, for basso and piano
György Ligeti, Mysteries of the Macabre, for soprano and piano
Paolo Longo, Raw smell of infinity, for voice and piano
Bruno Maderna, Liriche di Verlaine, for voice and piano
Mauro Montalbetti, Night Dances su testi di Sylvia Plath, for voice and piano
Luca Mosca, Canzoni crudeli op. 44, for voice and piano
Goffredo Petrassi, Tre Liriche, for baritono and piano
Alessandro Solbiati, Tre lieder su George
György Kurtag, Three old inscriptions op.25
Niccolo Castiglioni, Dickinson lieder
Salvatore Sciarrino, Due Melodie
Voice and electronic
Luigi Nono, La fabbrica illuminata, voice and magnetic tape
Nicola Sani, Non poté mai sfiorire, for soprano and magnetic tape
Mauro Lanza, Erba nera che cresci segno nero tu vivi, for voice and syntesis sounds
Kaija Saariaho, Lonh, for soprano and electronic
Kaija Saariaho, From the grammar of dreams, for soprano and electronic
Gerardo De Pasquale, Silenzi irregolari, for two soprano
Dai Fujikura, Lakeside, for soprano and mezzosoprano
Giorgio Colombo Taccani, Diana, Luna, for two female voices
Luigi Nono, ¿Donde estás hermano?, for two soprano, mezzosoprano and contralto
Kaija Saariaho, From the grammar of dreams, version for two voices (soprano/mezzosoprano)
Download: ConductingCourse2019 Programme George Benjamin (1960), At first light (1982) Mauricio Kagel (1931-2008), Finale (1981) Alessandro Solbiati (1956),...
Selection for Young Composers 5 – 14 July 2019, Bobbio (Piacenza, Italy) Download the information Application deadline: November 30th 2018 Tutors: Francesco...