Teachers: Stefano Gervasoni, Mauro Lanza and Olga Neuwirth (Workshops); Daniele Ghisi, Hanspeter Kyburz, Helmut Lachenmann, Fabien Lévy, Giorgio Netti and...
Teacher, Sandro Gorli
Tutor, Stefano Gervasoni
1st – 12th September 2018, Mocalvo (IT) – Milan
Download information: ConductingCourse2018
Pay the participation Fee
Participant: 900 euros (to be paied within May 30th, 2018)
Arnold Schönberg, Suite op. 29 (1926)
Bruno Maderna, Serenata n. 2 (1956)
Gérard Grisey, Périodes (1974)
Stefano Gervasoni, Nube obbediente, for trombone, percussion and ensemble (2011)
The Course will be realized in synergy with the lnternational Workshop for Young Composers 2018– compositions for solo instruments or voice – Teacher Stefano Gervasoni, Moncalvo (At) 4th-9th September 2018.
The course comprises twelve lesson days, from September 1st to 12th 2018, structured as follows:
Sept. 1 – six hours dedicated to an analysis of the scores in the programme;
Sept. 2/Sept. 5 – six rehearsal hours followed by one hour of work review ;
Sept. 6 – four rehearsal hours followed by the master class held by Stefano Gervasoni (analysis of Nube obbediente);
Sept. 7 – six rehearsal hours followed by one hour of work review;
Sept. 8 – dress rehearsal and first concert at MoncalvoTheatre;
Sept. 9 – concert at Tenuta Santa Caterina in Grazzano Badoglio;
Sept. 10/09 – concert at Archivio di Stato in Asti;
Sept. 12/09 – concert at Litta Theatre in Milano.
From September 4th onwards the composer Stefano Gervasoni will attend, as tutor, the reharsals of his composition.
The concerts will be performed within the Rondò 2018 concert season and will be conducted by different students.
Lessons will take place at the Theatre in Moncalvo (Asti, Italy).
Information on accommodations: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Musicians of any age and nationality can take part in the course, either as students or as auditors.
2. Applications to participate in the selection must be submitted no later than May 14th 2018, fulfilling the form available online.
In the enrollment form you’ll be asked to attach:
– a curriculum vitae (pdf)
– his/her own repertoire of music of the 1900s to nowadays,
– link to an audio or video registration (if any) of the candidate’s performance of works in line with the repertoire of the course.
Fulfilled the application form you’ll be addressed to the PayPal page to pay the enrollment fee of € 30 (This fee will only be reimbursed in case the course is cancelled). Alternatevely, should Pay Pal payment be not possible, you may proceed to bank transfer as follows: IT70P0335901600 1000001010448 IBAN in the name of Divertimento Ensemble, (Banca Prossima) showing as payment reason First Name, Surname CONDUCTING COURSE 2018. You’ll then be asked to send copy of the money transfer to email@example.com.
3. Selection for students admission to the course will be done on the basis of the applicant’s CV and of any video recordings attached. Results will be announced to all applicants by email by May 18th, 2018. A maximum of 10 students will be admitted.
4. Participation fees:
students: € 900 to be paid in a single installment by May 30th, 2018
auditors: € 200 to be paid in a single installment by July 30th, 2018
5. Scores: the scores will be sent free of charge to the selected conductors.
6. Concerts: the course will culminate with four concerts, all performed within Rondò concert season and conducted by different students.
7. Upon request, a certificate of participation will be issued to the participants at the end of the course.
tel +39 338 2225014
The course begeen of September in Moncalvo, in Piedmont, and concludes with three public concerts in Piedmont and one in Milan, during the Rondò season, conducted by the students who attended it. No more than 10 students will be admitted.
The course is usually divided into 48 hours of rehearsals with the ensemble and 19 hours of score analysis and of theory lessons.Every year, the repertoire is witness to the presence of masterpieces from the 20th century and of at least one more recent piece, whose composer will serve as a tutor. The courses created in the past have included Klaus Huber, Helmut Lachenmann, György Kurtág, Mauricio Kagel, Luca Francesconi, Stefano Gervasoni, Hanspeter Kyburz, Mauro Lanza, Stefano Bulfon and others. Many elements are given to our conducting students to provide them with the analytical and technical tools to approach and examine the contemporary repertoire: theory lessons, the presence of one or more composers, many hours of rehearsals with the ensemble, and four concluding concerts.
Application : April of every year
Vocal chamber repertoire of 1900s and contemporary Milan, Fabbrica del Vapore, October 2018-May 2019 Dates of the course: 27 and 28 October 10 and 11...