The winner of the Call for under-40 female composers is Yukiko Watanabe ———————– Download the announcement, HERE Showcase female creativity at Rondò 2020 Call for...
IDEA International Divertimento Ensemble Academy and its artistic director, Sandro Gorli, in cooperation with Fattoria Vittadini Dance Company are pleased to announce the sixth edition of the competition ‘Franco Donatoni’ International Meeting for Young Composers.
Composers of any nationality, born after 1st January 1984, are eligible to participate in the selection by submitting one (or more) composition(s) for an instrumental ensemble of 5 to 12 performers (no voices) within 29th November 2019.
An international jury will select by 18th December 2019 three compositions that will be performed by Divertimento Ensemble in Milan in May 2020 within the Rondò concert season.
The three selected composers will then be asked to write a new composition for ensemble and 1- 5 dancers (to be agreed upon) whose duration must be between 15 and 20 minutes; the three new compositions will be performed during the 2021 Rondò concert season, on the occasion of the sixth edition of the ‘Franco Donatoni’ International Meeting for Young Composers.
The selected composers (who will have delivered score and parts within the deadline foreseen by the rules) will be asked to stay in Milan for three periods of rehearsals and will work in close contact with the musicians of the ensemble, the choreographer and the dancers of Fattoria Vittadini.
Each composer will be entitled to a lump-sum reimbursement of Euro 2,000 gross, for travel, board, lodging and any other expenses incurred (see point 8 and 9 of the rules).
Download here the announcement: InternationalMeetingFrancoDonatoni2019okok2
The three selected compositions:
Simone Cardini, E toccare spazi iridescenti
Pablo Andoni Gomez Olabarria, Guria
Simone Maccaglia, Il solco e il verso
1. Composers of any nationality, born after 1st January 1984, are eligible to participate in the selection to take part in the sixth edition of the ‘Franco Donatoni’ International Meeting for Young Composers. Each applicant may submit one (or more) composition(s) for an instrumental ensemble of 5 to 12 performers (no voices).
2. All applicants should submit by 29th November 2019 the online form, one for each score submitted:
In the enrollment form you’ll be asked to attach:
After filling out the form, you will be addressed to the PayPal page to pay the enrollment fee of € 30 for each score submitted (this fee will only be reimbursed in case the ‘International Meeting’ is cancelled.)
Should the PayPal payment not be possible, you may proceed to bank transfer as follows: Banca Prossima, bank account in the name of Divertimento Ensemble, IBAN IT70P0335901600100000101448, BIC BCITITMX, showing as payment reason First Name, Surname, International Meeting ‘Franco Donatoni’.
You’ll then be asked to send copy of the money transfer to email@example.com.
3. Original scores as well as scores that have already been published and/or performed are both eligible for submission. They should not be anonymous. If possible, they should be accompanied with a recording of the performance.
4. An international jury of five composers (Richard Barrett, Frédéric Durieux, Ivan Fedele, Francesco Filidei, Sandro Gorli) will select by 18th December 2019 three composers who will be invited to take part in the International Meeting. The selected composers will be personally informed, and the selection will also be announced on IDEA’s website by 23rd December 2019.
5. The three chosen scores will be performed during Divertimento Ensemble’s Rondò concert season in Milan in May 2020.
6. Each of the three selected composers will furthermore be invited to write a 15-20 minutes composition for ensemble and a number of dancers that may vary from1 to 5 (to be agreed upon). The score and the parts must be delivered by 31st December 2020.
7. The three new works will be performed by Divertimento Ensemble and Fattoria Vittadini in 2021 in Milan, on the occasion of the sixth edition of the ‘Franco Donatoni’ International Meeting for Young Composers, within Divertimento Ensemble’s 2021 Rondò concert season.
8. The three selected composers will commit to take part in the following meetings in Milan:
9. Each composer will be entitled to a lump-sum reimbursement of Euro 2,000 gross, for travel, board, lodging and any other expenses incurred.
10. Each applicant, by submitting his/her application to participate in the International Meeting, agrees unconditionally to be bound by these rules.
For further information:
IDEA International Divertimento Ensemble Academy
firstname.lastname@example.org; ph. +39 392 2880857
www.dyce-project.eu DYCE is a small-scale European project co-funded through the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union during the years...