17th edition 5-13 September 2021 Download the announcement LECTURER Sandro Gorli TUTOR Alessandro Solbiati ENSEMBLE IN RESIDENCE Divertimento...
1-5 May 2021
TEACHER Mauro Lanza
SOLOISTS of the Divertimento Ensemble
APPLICATION FOR OBSERVERS OPEN UNTIL APRIL 23
OBSERVERS APPLICATION BY APRIL 23 2021
Maximum number of active students: 6
Manuela Guerra, Italy
Tuomas Kettunen, Finland
Zaq Latino, USA
Andrew Maxbauer, USA
Riccardo Perugini, Italy
Sara Stevanovic, Italy
WHY CHOOSE IT?
An online Workshop ending with a live concert
WHAT DOES THE WORKSHOP CONSIST OF
The Workshop envisages online attendance only. It is aimed at young composers from all over the world (born after April 23rd, 1986) and will conclude with a live concert that will be part of the Milan Rondò season, simultaneously streamed on the website idea.divertimentoensemble.it, dedicated page, then recorded and published on Divertimento Ensemble Digital Stage.
From the headquarters of IDEA International Divertimento Ensemble Academy, located in the Fabbrica del Vapore in Milan, the lecturer and the soloists of Divertimento Ensemble will be connected with the six students accepted as active participants and with the observers, who will attend the Workshop from their own
The composers accepted as active participants:
• are invited to send a composition for solo instrument (specially written for the occasion or pre-existing, including the one sent for selection, if in line with those indicated by Divertimento Ensemble), chosen from among the three indicated to each person by Diverimento Ensemble, within the following group: flute (also piccolo and flute in G), clarinet (also bass clarinet), piano, percussion, violin, viola, cello, and double bass;
• must submit their composition by 31 March 2021.
The compositions must last no longer than 8 minutes.
METHOD OF ATTENDING
The Workshop will take place on the on the website idea.divertimentoensemble.it, on the dedicated page.
Through the platform, the active students will:
• participate remotely in the rehearsals of their pieces with the Divertimento Ensemble musicians (3 encounters)
• attend a Lectio Magistralis by Mauro Lanza (duration 3 hours)
• participate in 2 individual encounters with Mauro Lanza (duration 45 minutes each)
It is envisaged that observers attend:
• the rehearsals of the 6 pieces
• the Lectio Magistralis by Mauro Lanza (duration 3 hours)
• the individual encounters with Mauro Lanza and the selected composers.
The detailed calendar of the Workshop is available at the following LINK
The compositions will be performed in a public concert on Wednesday 5 May; the concert will be part of the 2021 Rondò season and will be streamed on the website idea.divertimentoensemble.it, then recorded and published on Divertimento Ensemble Digital Stage.
HOW SHOULD THE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION BE PRESENTED
Composers interested in participating as active students should submit the application for admission, available at the following page, by 15 December 2020.
The application should include:
• a solo or chamber music score in digital format;
• a link to a recording of the score submitted (if available);
• a copy of the applicant’s identity document.
In the application form the composers will find the information to pay the admission fee of €30, which is refundable solely in the event that the Workshop does not take place.
Composers interested in participating as observers should submit the application for admission, available at the following page, by April 23 2021:
No age limit is foreseen for observers.
HOW WILL THE SELECTION WILL BE MADE
By the 20 December 2020, a commission consisting of Mauro Lanza, the soloists of Divertimento Ensemble and Sandro Gorli will select the 6 composers accepted as active participants from the admission applications received.
HOW TO COMPLETE ADMISSION
The accepted composers and the observers must complete their applications by paying the balance of their partecipation fees:
– active participants: € 500 (to be paid by 18 January 2021);
– observers: €100 for the six days of the course (to be paid by 8 February 2021);
€20 per day (to be paid a week before the date they have chosen to attend).
0039 392 2880857
Project curated by Divertimento Ensemble
Artistic Director Sandro Gorli